Visitors to Widnes are sure to enjoy the bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes. Norton Priory Museum, Paul McCartney's childhood home and Croxteth Hall and Country Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 670 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Liverpool
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 5.3 mi (8.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 19.1 mi (30.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Widnes
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Norton Priory Museum, Paul McCartney's childhood home and Croxteth Hall and Country Park. In the area, you'll also find Anfield Road Stadium and St. George's Hall.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Widnes. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Widnes Halton Everglades Park Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and overall value.
- The Hillcrest Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include World Museum Liverpool, 10.7 mi/17.2 km from the city centre, and Walker Art Gallery, which is 10.7 mi (17.2 km) away.
Getting around Widnes
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Widnes Station or Hough Green Station. Widnes might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Widnes
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 10°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Widnes each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C