Visitors to Whitchurch are sure to enjoy the golf courses, spas and bars. Welcoming and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Grosvenor Museum, Chester Cathedral and Oulton Park Circuit are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Whitchurch
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Manchester (MAN), 33.3 mi (53.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Whitchurch
Golfing is a top activity, and Hill Valley Golf Club is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Victoria Jubilee Park and JB Joyce and Company.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Whitchurch. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Hanmer Arms - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Macdonald Hill Valley Hotel, Golf and Spa - Our customers like the room size and overall condition at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a golf course and a restaurant.
- The Dodington Lodge - This 3-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Grosvenor Museum, located 18.4 mi (29.6 km) from the city centre, and Chester Cathedral, which is 18.6 mi/29.9 km away.
Getting around Whitchurch
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Whitchurch Station (Shropshire) or Prees Station. Whitchurch may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Whitchurch
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- Average annual rainfall for Whitchurch is 654 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 2°C