Westmead has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all guests will enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, walkable city has to offer, including its cafes, sporting events and bars.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 13.5 mi (21.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Westmead
- Taking a ferry is one of the top activities, whereas Circular Quay, White Bay Cruise Terminal, and King Street Wharf are favourite sights to visit
- Popular family attractions include Wet'n'Wild Sydney, Sydney International Aquatic Centre, and Featherdale Wildlife Park
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Westfield Parramatta Shopping Centre, Castle Towers Shopping Centre and Sydney Markets
Getting around Westmead
With so many transport options, getting around Westmead is a breeze. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Sydney Westmead Station. You can ride a ferry across the water to see more of the area.
Staying in Westmead
You may enjoy a stay at Wesley Lodge for a charming or small, stylish hotel.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Wesley Lodge with a 3.8 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Westmead
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the nighttime average to be 16°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Westmead is 1191 millimetres