Visitors can enjoy all that Westerland has to offer including its shopping. A top sight in the city is North Sea.
- There are 541 hotels and other accommodation options in Westerland
- The closest major airport is in Sylt (GWT), 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Westerland
Attractions like Sylt Aquarium and Sylter Welle are fun for everyone, not just kids. The picturesque setting of North Sea and Schleswig-Holstein Wadden Sea National Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. You'll also find Hoernum Lighthouse and Sylt Golf Club in the area.
In Rantum, you'll find 541 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Stadt Hamburg - This 4-star hotel features a marina, 2 restaurants and an indoor pool.
- Long Island House Sylt - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Dorint Strandresort & Spa Sylt/Westerland - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Getting around Westerland
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Westerland (Sylt) Station. Westerland might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Westerland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Westerland is 33 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while December and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C