Visiting West Melbourne
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in West Melbourne, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the shopping, cafes and restaurants. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts visitors with its sporting events.
- There are 2 West Melbourne hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around West Melbourne
- National Gallery of Victoria and Melbourne Museum are popular cultural attractions
- Families come for attractions such as Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo, and Melbourne Star Observation Wheel
- Flagstaff Gardens, St. Kilda Beach, and Royal Botanic Gardens are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne Central and Bourke Street Mall
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Etihad Stadium or Flemington Racecourse
Getting around West Melbourne
West Melbourne has plenty of options for transport. Head to North Melbourne Station for metro transit.
Staying in West Melbourne
You may appreciate one of these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Miami Hotel Melbourne
- Flagstaff City Inn
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Miami Hotel Melbourne with a 4 out of 5 user rating, whereas Flagstaff City Inn has a 3.1 rating by guests.
Dressing for West Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average temperature during the day is 20°C, whereas the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 7°C
- Average annual rainfall for West Melbourne is 12 millimetres