Telford has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all visitors will enjoy the restaurants and bars. Visitors who journey to this welcoming, tucked away city can discover its shopping, sporting events, and coffeehouses.
- There are 5 Telford hotels
- November is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Telford
- Families come for attractions such as Telford Ice Rink, Wonderland Telford, and Blists Hill
- Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Telford Shopping Centre and Maws Craft Centre
Getting around Telford
There are many transportation options in Telford. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Telford Wellington Shropshire Station.
Staying in Telford
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- The Old Orleton Inn, averaging GBP 140.19/night
- Lord Nelson Hotel, averaging GBP 56.46/night
The Old Orleton Inn, a 5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also Lord Nelson Hotel has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Telford
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the nighttime average
- Telford gets about 654 millimetres of rain per year