Visitors to Wavre are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and theme park. Top sights around the area include European Union Parliament Building, Horta Museum and NATO Headquarters.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Wavre
- The closest major airport is in Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National), 13.4 mi (21.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Charleroi (CRL-Brussels South Charleroi), 18.8 mi (30.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wavre
Attractions like Walibi Belgium and Aventure Parc are fun for everyone, not just kids. Additionally, you might want to add Golf du Chateau de la Bawette to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Wavre. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Novotel Wavre Brussels East Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Hotel Wavre - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
- Ibis Wavre Brussels East - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see outside the city include European Union Parliament Building, 12.8 mi/20.5 km from the city centre, and Horta Museum, which is 12.8 mi/20.6 km away.
Getting around Wavre
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Wavre Station, Wavre Bierges-Sixflags Station or Bierges-Walibi Station. Wavre may not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Wavre
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 0°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 874.60 millimetres of rain falls on Wavre each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°C