Get an overview of this hotelWashington, DC grande dame on Lafayette Square
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Call it Washington's second-best address if you must, the Hay-Adams is nonetheless the grande dame of DC hotels; it sits across from the city's best address and, perhaps, shares some of its secrets.
The Hay-Adams, which was built in 1928 and renovated in 2002, offers 24-hour room service, valet parking, and a business center.
Guestroom niceties at The Hay-Adams include Frette luxury linens, canopy headboards with dimmer lighting, marble and brass bathrooms, and turndown service. High-speed Internet access is complimentary.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Hay-Adams in Washington, DC offers a distinguished address across Lafayette Square from the White House and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Amenities include a complimentary 24-hour business center, 24-hour room service, and banquet facilities.
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 145
- Babysitting or childcare
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Year Built 1928
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Fireplace in lobby
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Luggage storage
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 8
- Conference space size (feet) - 15500
- Conference space size (meters) - 1440
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- Wedding services
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 13
- Multilingual staff
- Number of meeting rooms - 9
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Turndown service
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Free local calls
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Premium TV channels
- Free toiletries
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Shower/tub combination
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Digital TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Free dial-up Internet access
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Down comforter
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Lafayette Room - Contemporary American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and Sunday brunch. Dinner Monday through Friday evenings. The Hay-Adams' Lafayette Room is elegant and sunny.
Off the Record Bar - Classic American dishes for lunch and dinner. The décor includes red-plush booths and walls decorated with caricatures of current political players—the drawings are changed regularly.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is 10:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 30.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 59 per day (in/out privileges)
- Extended parking fee: USD 59 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30.00 per day
- Hay-Adams Hotel
- Hay-Adams Hotel Washington
- Hay-Adams Washington
- Hay Adams Washington Dc
- The Hay-Adams Hotel Washington Dc
We should mention
Up to 2 children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Hay-Adams is listed in the 2017 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay and the 2016 Travel + Leisure 500.
- The property is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.