Book your room at Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
Superior Room, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 2 guests (up to 1 child)
Superior Double Room, 2 Double BedsMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Luxury Room, 1 King Bed, City ViewMax Occupancy: 3 guests (up to 2 children)
Luxury Room, 2 Double Beds, City ViewMax Occupancy: 5 guests (up to 4 children)
Junior Suite, 1 King BedMax Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Suite, 1 King Bed, City View (Prestige)Max Occupancy: 4 guests (up to 3 children)
Get an overview of this hotelFrench-inspired luxury accommodations near the White House
Collect 200 points
+VIP Access™ Hotel
We carefully hand-picked this hotel based on its dedication to service and excellent guest reviews.
At VIP Access hotels, our elite customers are invited to enjoy the free room upgrades and other benefits upon availability at check-in.See details
Located on Lafayette Square bordering the White House, this French-inspired hotel in Washington, DC, is within walking distance of the National Mall, Vietnam Memorial, and the Smithsonian Museum.
The French-inspired Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square has a 24-hour business center, 6 meeting rooms, and a fitness center. Dining venues include the ICI Urban Bistro and the stylish Le Bar.
Rooms feature feature SoBed - a luxurious feathertop and duvet sleep system. Spacious marble bathrooms have separate tub and rain showers, robes, slippers, and luxurious French toiletries.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Once hailed as Le Petit Grand Dame in the early 1900s, the historic Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square combines original French architecture and grandeur with modern convenience. Located on the corner of Lafayette Square near the White House, the hotel offers 6 meeting rooms that carry the names of Parisian landmarks and districts.
A 24-hour business center and wireless Internet access are available to guests as well as a fully equipped fitness center. ICI Urban Bistro serves fresh and contemporary French cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 24-hour room service is also available. The trendy and chic Le Bar serves specialty cocktails and light fare.
The Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is a smoke-free property.
- Fitness facilities
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Limo or Town Car service available
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Number of floors - 12
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 237
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms 6
- Luggage storage
- Year Built 1999
- 24-hour business center
- Number of meeting rooms - 6
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Microwave (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Wired internet access ( 16.95 USD )
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Climate control
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Free bottled water
- Microwave (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Separate bathtub and shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Air conditioning
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
Where to Eat
iCi Urban Bistro - Contemporary American cuisine with a French twist. Seasonal outdoor terrace. Breakfast and dinner daily, lunch weekdays.
Sample menu for iCi Urban Bistro
Le Bar - Off the lobby, this popular watering hole is a meeting place for DC power brokers. Generously sized armchairs and sofas invite patrons to relax and partake in the French art of conversation. Open from early afternoon until late evening.
Sample menu for Le Bar
Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square offers room service 24 hours a day.
Nearby Things to Do
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Manicures and pedicures
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 25 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 16.95 (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50 per day
- Sofitel Lafayette
- Sofitel Lafayette Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Hotel Washington DC Square
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square
- Sofitel Washington Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Sofitel
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Square Hotel
- Sofitel Lafayette Square
- Accor Washington Dc
We should mention
Up to 3 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
Awards & Affiliations
- Sofitel Washington DC Lafayette Square is listed in the 2013 Travel + Leisure 500.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) guests.