Get an overview of this hotelClassy, modern rooms near Washington's Embassy Row
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Minutes from Mall
Just 1 mile from the Smithsonian museums, this hotel on M Street, near downtown Washington DC, is well situated for politically minded guests—it is 5 blocks from the White House and Embassy Row.
The Loews Madison Hotel has hosted every U.S. president since 1963, and it draws its name from President James Madison and First Lady Dolly Madison.
The guestrooms at Loews Madison Hotel include 300-thread-count duvets and down pillows, as well as sculpted marble baths with heated towel racks, and free WiFi access.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Loews Madison Hotel
Located near downtown, the Loews Madison Hotel is less than 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the Washington Monument and the White House.
The hotel features 356 guestrooms, including 27 suites, and has 1 restaurant and a lounge. Guests can also get coffee in the lobby and room service meals, as well as advice and arrangements from the concierge desk. Meeting facilities total 11,900 square feet (1,070 square meters). Complimentary wireless high-speed Internet access is available throughout the property. Valet parking is available (surcharge).
- 24-hour front desk
- Shopping on site
- Total number of rooms - 356
- Number of floors - 15
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- One meeting room
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Multilingual staff
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1106
- Conference space size (feet) - 11900
- Steam room
- Television in common areas
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
- Computer station
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Luggage storage
- Conference center
- Year Built 1963
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Pay movies
- Designer toiletries
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free local calls
- Turndown service
- Microwave (on request)
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Postscript Restaurant & Lounge – Set just off the lobby in an alcove with city views, this restaurant serves dinner from 3-11 PM. Award-winning chefs create an innovative menu using locally-grown produce. Al fresco seating is available. Open daily.
Barista Bar - Starbucks station and one-stop shop for guests and Washington, D.C. locals looking for a hot or cold Starbucks beverage and breakfast or a snack on the go. Located just off the main lobby. Open daily 6 AM-2 PM.
Rural Society - Chef Jose Garces helms Rural Society, an Argentine steakhouse. Rural Society is also celebrating the Italian culture so embedded in Argentina. Guests can savor handmade pastas along with fugazzas (thick-crust Argentine pizza). In addition to presenting apéritifs and digestifs, Rural Society’s bar showcases South American and Argentine wines. Open for breakfast and lunch daily, and serving dinner Monday - Saturday.
Room service is available.
Nearby Things to Do
The Loews Madison Hotel's 24-hour fitness center supplies guests with exercise machines, weights, and locker rooms that include showers and saunas.
The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden Ice Rink is 6 blocks from the hotel where all are welcome to skate; open late on the weekends, this lighted rink provides skate rentals for two-hour sessions, a snack bar, restrooms, and a variety of music for skaters. Open November to mid-March.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 25.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
Parking height restrictions apply
- Valet parking fee: USD 59.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per stay (maximum USD 75.00 per stay)
- Refrigerator fee: USD 25 per night
- In-room microwave fee: USD 25 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 25.0 per night
- Hotel Loews Madison
- Loews Hotel Madison
- Loews Madison
- Loews Madison Hotel
- Loews Madison Hotel Washington
- Loews Madison Washington
- Madison Hotel
- Madison Loews
- Madison Loews Hotel
- Madison Hotel Washington Dc
- Madison Washington Dc
- The Madison Hotel Washington Dc
We should mention
Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.