Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Walker, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and local tours. Top sights around the area include John Ball Zoo, Gerald R. Ford Museum and Public Museum of Grand Rapids.
- You'll find 118 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Grand Rapids
- The closest major airport is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County), 26.1 mi (42 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Walker
Favourite places to visit in the city include DeltaPlex Arena and Conference Center, Meijer Corporate Headquarters and Walker Ice and Fitness Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jester's Court and Millennium Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Walker, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 61 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Baymont by Wyndham Grand Rapids N/Walker is located 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Walker can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and central location.
- Quality Inn Grand Rapids North is 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Walker can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Walker/Grand Rapids North is located within 4.4 mi (7 km) of the city centre. This 2-star motel in Walker features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
Top places to visit outside the city include John Ball Zoo, located 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the heart of the city, and Gerald R. Ford Museum, which is 5.3 mi/8.5 km away.
Dressing for Walker
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Walker gets about 972 millimetres of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C