Waitara has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all visitors will enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its bars, opera houses, and beaches.
- Though not directly in Waitara, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, while May tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 16 mi (25.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Waitara
- Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Circular Quay, Berowra Waters Marina, and Milsons Point Wharf are favourite sights to visit
- Notable for its Chinatown and landmarks to visit including Sydney Harbour Bridge, Hillsong Church, and Elizabeth Farm
- The beach, parks, and seaside provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Newport Beach, Hornsby Park, and Wahroonga Park
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Parkway Plaza Shopping Centre, Macquarie Shopping Centre, and Castle Towers Shopping Centre
Getting around Waitara
With so many transportation options, seeing Waitara is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Sydney Waitara Station. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Waitara
You might like Waldorf Waitara Residential Apartments, averaging GBP 126.74 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Waldorf Waitara Residential Apartments with a 3.4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Waitara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 26°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 16°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 12°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Waitara is 1188 millimetres