Translation is not available.
Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelFamily-friendly Victoria hotel in Downtown Victoria, walk to British Columbia Parliament Building
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
This family-friendly Victoria hotel is located on the waterfront, within a 5-minute walk of Miniature World and British Columbia Parliament Building. Victoria Bug Zoo and Royal BC Museum are also within 5 minutes.
This hotel features 3 restaurants, a full-service spa and an indoor pool. Other amenities include 2 bars/lounges, a health club and a bar/lounge.
All 464 rooms feature thoughtful touches such as bathrobes and slippers, plus 24-hour room service and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find wireless Internet access (surcharge), minibars and premium bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
The Fairmont Empress
In addition to a full-service spa, The Fairmont Empress features an indoor pool and a health club. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 3 restaurants. Guests can unwind with a drink at one of the hotel's bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and A bar/lounge. Wireless Internet access is available at a surcharge.
This 4-star property offers access to A 24-hr business centre, a limo/town car service and meeting rooms. Event facilities measuring 22600 square feet (2100 square metres) include conference rooms. This Edwardian hotel also offers a hot tub, a sauna and tour or ticket assistance. For a surcharge, the property provides a round-trip airport shuttle (available at scheduled times) and a cruise ship terminal shuttle. On-site parking is available (surcharge).
The Fairmont Empress has designated areas for smoking.
- Express check-in
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Picnic area
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 33
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Built in 1908
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2100
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge) full
- Number of restaurants - 3
- 24-hour business centre
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 22600
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 464
- Number of floors - 8
- Wedding services
- Airport transport (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Long-term parking (surcharge), Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Video-game console
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Free newspaper
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Bathtub or shower
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Electric kettle
- Portable fan
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Room service (24 hours)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning.
Empress Dining Room – This restaurant specialises in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch and dinner. Reservations are required. Open daily.
Q Bar – This bistro specialises in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Lobby Lounge – This bistro specialises in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Open daily.
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club and a sauna.
Children aged under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility or spa tub without adult supervision.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Waterskiing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Personal motorised watercraft on site nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Willow Stream Spa has 11 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include massages, facials, body wraps and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy.
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per pet, per night.
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, contact the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: CAD25.00 per person (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: CAD15.00 (one-way), (from 3 to 17 years old)
- Self-parking fee: CAD32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: CAD32 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD25 per pet, per night
- Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Fairmont Empress Victoria
- Fairmont Empress
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Victoria Fairmont
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
We should mention
Up to 3 children aged 17 years old and younger stay for free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The Fairmont Empress is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveller Gold List of the world's best places to stay.