Get an overview of this hotel 4-star Edwardian hotel connected to the convention centre in Downtown Victoria
This family-friendly Victoria hotel is located on the waterfront, within a 5-minute walk of Maritime Museum of British Columbia, Victoria Bug Zoo and British Columbia Parliament Building. Victoria Harbour and Market Square are also within 10 minutes.
This hotel features 2 restaurants, a full-service spa and an indoor pool. Additionally, a health club, a bar/lounge and a spa tub are on-site.
All 464 rooms feature thoughtful touches such as bathrobes and slippers, plus 24-hour room service and flat-screen TVs with cable channels. Guests will also find wireless Internet access (surcharge), minibars and premium bedding.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Fairmont Empress
In addition to a full-service spa, The Fairmont Empress features an indoor pool and a health club. Dining is available at one of the hotel's 2 restaurants. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Wireless Internet access is available at a surcharge.
This 4-star property offers access to a 24-hour business centre and a limo/town car service. Event facilities measuring 22600 square feet (2100 square metres) include conference rooms. This Edwardian hotel also offers a hot tub, a sauna and spa services. For a surcharge, the property provides a round-trip airport shuttle (available at scheduled times) and a cruise ship terminal shuttle. Parking is available on-site at a surcharge. A total renovation of this property was completed in 2017.
The Fairmont Empress has designated areas for smoking.
- Express check-in
- Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Picnic area
- Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- Full-service spa
- Indoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Conference space
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Year Built – 1908
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Self parking (surcharge)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Health club
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 2100
- Spa services on site
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Number of restaurants - 2
- 24-hour business centre
- Concierge services
- Conference space size (feet) - 22600
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Banquet hall
- Spa tub
- Total number of rooms - 464
- Number of floors - 8
- Wedding services
- Airport transport (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( CAD 14.95 per night )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Pay movies
- Video-game console
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Bathtub or shower
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Electric kettle
- Portable fan
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Number of bathrooms -
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Room service (24 hours)
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 11:30 AM.
Q at the Empress – Overlooking the ocean and garden, this restaurant specialises in American cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Lobby Lounge – Overlooking the ocean and garden, this restaurant specialises in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Q Bar – Overlooking the ocean and garden, this bar specialises in American cuisine and serves lunch, dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). Open daily.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Start your morning with a full breakfast, available each day from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM for a surcharge. Room service is available around the clock.
Nearby Things to Do
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Waterskiing nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Personal motorised watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Willow Stream Spa has 11 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages and Swedish massages. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with hot springs/mineral springs, a sauna, a spa tub and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 18 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 18
- Sports massage
- Hot springs/mineral springs in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 4 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of CAD 25 per accommodation, per night.
- 2 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, contact the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
No rollaway/extra beds available
No cots (infant beds) available
Maximum number of children who can stay free 3
The photos are representative of rooms offered and may differ from the actual room received. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 12.00 and CAD 24.00 for adults, and CAD 8.00 and CAD 12.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 14.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Airport shuttle fee: CAD 25.00 per person (one-way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: CAD 15.00 (one-way), (from 3 to 17 years old)
- Self-parking fee: CAD 28.50 per day
- Valet parking fee: CAD 46.75 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: CAD 25 per accommodation, per night
- Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Empress Hotel
- Fairmont Empress Victoria
- Fairmont Empress
- Fairmont Hotel Empress
- Victoria Fairmont
- Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Hotel Victoria
- The Fairmont Empress Hotel Victoria
- Fairmont Victoria
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.