Visiting Vero Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vero Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and fun sporting events. Top sights in the city include Holman Stadium at Dodgertown, McKee Botanical Garden and Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 661 hotels and other accommodation options in Vero Beach
- The closest major airport is in Vero Beach, FL (VRB-Vero Beach Municipal), 1.4 mi (2.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Stuart, FL (SUA-Witham Field), 33.5 mi (54 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vero Beach
Cultural venues in the city include Vero Beach Theatre, Riverside Theatre and Sunrise Theater. The city is notable for landmarks like Vero Train Station, Hallstrom Farmstead and St. Lucie Village Heritage Park. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: McKee Botanical Garden, Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge and Sebastian Inlet State Park.
In Fort Pierce, you can choose from 661 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Davis House Inn - With a stay at this 3-star inn, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a marina, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Jensen Beach Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Old Colorado Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Vero Beach include Holman Stadium at Dodgertown.
Dressing for Vero Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 15°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Vero Beach is 1444.20 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 12°C