Visiting Vail - Beaver Creek
Travellers to Vail - Beaver Creek give high marks for the ski areas, magnificent mountain views and riverfront. The cosy and scenic setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Vail Ski Resort, Betty Ford Alpine Gardens and Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater.
- There are 1874 hotels and other accommodation options in Vail - Beaver Creek
- The closest major airport is in Vail, CO (EGE-Eagle County Regional), 26.9 mi (43.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 36.2 mi (58.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vail - Beaver Creek
Cultural venues in the city include Gerald R. Ford Amphitheater, Colorado Ski and Snowboard Museum and Milhoan Studios and Gallery. Notable city landmarks like St. Patrick's Parish Church and Chapel at Beaver Creek might be worth a visit. The mountains, rivers and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty, and Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, Little Beach Park and Gore Creek are worth a visit.
In Minturn, there are 1874 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Legendary Lodging at the Ritz-Carlton Residences - With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and a fitness centre, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Tivoli Lodge - Our customers like the dining options and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a fitness centre and a bar, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- The Borders Lodge - This 3-star resort in Beaver Creek features ski slopes, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Other top sights in Vail - Beaver Creek include Vail Ski Resort and Beaver Creek Resort. Outside the city, top places to visit include Copper Mountain Ski Resort, 15.2 mi/24.5 km from the city centre, and Breckenridge Ski Resort, which is 20.1 mi (32.3 km) away.
Dressing for Vail - Beaver Creek
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be -19°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and -5°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -18°C at night
- About 305 millimetres of rain falls on Vail - Beaver Creek each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 26°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -17°C