Search Hotels in Ulverston
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 8 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 12 Jun 2017
Reviewed on 2 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 29 Aug 2019
Pocket Guide: Ulverston
Guests will want to experience the spas, bars and restaurants in Ulverston. Welcoming and relaxing, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its museums.
- There are 13 Ulverston hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 68.1 mi (109.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ulverston
- Known for its museums, whereas Laurel and Hardy Museum, Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway, and Lakeland Motor Museum are some local cultural sights
- Popular family attractions include Lakes Aqaurium, South Lakes Safari Zoo, and Yewbarrow House Gardens
- Notable landmarks include Sir John Barrow Monument, Conishead Priory, and Stott Park Bobbin Mill
- The lakes, rivers and countryside provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Fell Foot Park, Coniston Water, and Go Ape Grizedale
Getting around Ulverston
Ulverston has plenty of options for transport. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Ulverston Station.
Staying in UlverstonYou may enjoy one of these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Sea Wood Bed and Breakfast
- Lakes End Country Guest House
Sea Wood Bed and Breakfast, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Lakes End Country Guest House has a 4.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Ulverston
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 21 millimetres of rain falls on Ulverston each year
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Ulverston?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Ulverston, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Ulverston?
What's the best accommodation option for a family holiday to Ulverston?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Ulverston?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Ulverston?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Ulverston?
What's the best luxury hotel in Ulverston?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Ulverston?
Ulverston Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Ulverston by Star Rating
- Hotels near Ulverston Airports
- Accommodation near Ulverston Attractions
- More accommodation types in Ulverston
- Choose Your Ulverston Hotel Style
- Search Ulverston Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Ulverston
- Hotels Near Ulverston, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends