History buffs will enjoy a visit to Trento, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the monuments, castle and museums. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this cultural, welcoming city has to offer, including its restaurants, wineries and mountains. A top attraction is Trento Science Museum.
- There are 30 Trento hotels
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Bolzano (BZO), 29.1 mi (46.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Trento
- Wine tasting is one of the top activities, whereas Cantine Ferrari, Cavit Cantina Viticoltori, and Rotari Winery are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums and attractions, such as Trento Science Museum, Palazzo Pretorio, and Museo Tridentino di Scienze Naturali
- Attractions include Segantini Paragliding Instructor, Palaghiaccio, and Alpine Botanical Garden Viotte
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, castle and landmarks such as Neptune Fountain, Piazza Duomo, and Casa Cazuffi-Rella
- The natural setting of the mountains is picturesque, and Altopiano del Bleggio is worth a visit
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at Briamasco Stadium or PalaTrento
Getting around Trento
There are many transport options in Trento. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Trento Station.
Staying in Trento
With 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Trento, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 24 hotels ranging from GBP 47 to GBP 153 per night.
Consider the following top-rated traditional hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Grand Hotel Trento
- Best Western Quid Hotel Trento
You may enjoy one of these traveller-recommended, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Villa Madruzzo
- Le Blanc Hotel & Spa
Grand Hotel Trento, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.8 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Villa Madruzzo and Le Blanc Hotel & Spa.
Dressing for Trento
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 1°C, whereas night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 9°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the nighttime average
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Trento each year