Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Toorak, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the shopping, restaurants and gardens. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts visitors with its coffeehouses and bars.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 15 mi (24.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Toorak
- National Gallery of Victoria and Melbourne Museum are popular cultural attractions
- Families come for attractions such as Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo, and Collingwood Children's Farm
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit, including Como Historic House and Garden, Eureka Tower, and Como House
- The natural setting of the gardens is picturesque, and places to visit include St. Kilda Beach, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Luna Park
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne Central and Queen Victoria Market
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Caulfield Racecourse or Etihad Stadium
Getting around Toorak
Toorak has many options for getting around. Head to Heyington Station for metro transit.
Staying in Toorak
Searching for a romantic getaway or boutique stay? You may enjoy Toorak Manor.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Toorak Manor with a 3.6 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Toorak
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, while the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 7°C
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on Toorak each year