Large tourism-oriented hotel in business district
We were very pleased by our stay at this hotel. This was our first visit to Tokyo and the hotel made it easy and enjoyable, at what we thought was a good price.
1) Convenient services for tourists. The Airline Limousine bus from Narita stops right at the hotel. At least two bus tour services (Gray Line and JTB Sunrise) have tour pickups in the hotel lobby. (No need to walk/cab to other collection points.) The hotel is in the upscale "corporate" side of Shinjuku station. (The nightlife district is on the other side of Shinjuku station)
2) All staff were very friendly and helpful - especially welcome in such a huge hotel. Also, we had NO long waits at checkin/checkout and for elevators.
4) The hotel has a variety of restaurants (buffet, continental, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, French/Italian). When we stayed, the hotel offered a discount on restaurant prices for hotel guests. Prices were reasonable by international city standards. Food quality was good - wonderful experience in the Japanese restaurant. There are independent restaurants on the streets leading to the train station. The hotel convenience store had a large variety of cold takeout food offerings - very useful for quick, cheap meals between touring.
1) The hotel is very big. We think they handle the crowds well, but it is clearly not the place for a "boutique" experience.
2) Room decor is standard business hotel - clean, quiet, well-equipped, but not a "designer" experience. Beds are firm.