Thurso's accommodation options make it a great destination for budget-minded travellers and visitors will enjoy the restaurants and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts visitors with its tours, shopping, and coffeehouses.
- There are 8 Thurso hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Wick (WIC), 26.6 mi (42.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Thurso
- Well-known for its live music scene, while Strathnaver Museum is a popular attraction
- Notable landmarks include Dounreay Nuclear Power Station, Dunnet Head Lighthouse, and Castle of Mey
- Farr Beach, Dunnet Bay Beach, and Torrisdale Beach are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
Getting around Thurso
With transportation options aplenty, seeing Thurso is easy. To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at Thurso Station. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Thurso
With 8 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Thurso offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 6 hotels ranging from GBP 65 to GBP 188 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Royal Hotel, averaging GBP 80.97 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Forss House Hotel, averaging GBP 234.91/night
- Park Hotel, averaging GBP 144.18/night
Forss House Hotel, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Park Hotel and Royal Hotel.
Dressing for Thurso
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 8°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 15°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 7°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the nighttime average
- About 31 millimetres of rain falls on Thurso each year