Visitors will want to experience the restaurants, beaches, and casinos in Xanthi. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its spas, bars, and skiing.
- There are 15 Xanthi hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Kavala (KVA-Alexander the Great Intl.), 89.2 mi (143.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Xanthi
- Skiing is a top activity, and Fotis Kosmas Stadium is one place to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Municipal Theatre, Tobacco Museum, and Academy of Thracian Art and Culture
- Notable landmarks include Xanthi Town Square, Pamegisti Taxiarches Church, and Macedonian Tomb of Stavroupolis
- The beach, seaside, and forests provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Livera Cave, Livaditis Falls, and Tsal Mountain
Getting around Xanthi
There are plenty of options for getting around Xanthi. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Xanthi Train Station or ALEXANDROUPOLIS.
Staying in Xanthi
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Xanthi has 15 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 13 hotels ranging from GBP 48 to GBP 89 per night. Consider one of these top-rated, larger hotels for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Alexander Beach hotel, averaging GBP 111.84/night
- Grand Hotel Egnatia, averaging GBP 99.23/night
You might like Rodopi, averaging GBP 60.1 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. Alexander Beach hotel, a 5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.4 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Rodopi and Grand Hotel Egnatia.
Dressing for Xanthi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the nighttime average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 7°C at night
- July through September averages 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Xanthi is 470 millimetres