Travellers to Thoreau will find plenty to explore and enjoy. There are 13 hotels and other accommodation options in the larger region. The closest major airport is in Gallup, NM (GUP-Gallup Municipal), 31.7 mi (51 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thoreau
Bluewater Lake State Park is one of the places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your visit to Thoreau, you may not be able to find accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can choose from 13 hotels and other lodging options in the region. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Gallup is located 26.4 mi (42.5 km) from the heart of Thoreau. This 3-star hotel in Gallup features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Gallup is 25.8 mi (41.6 km) from central Thoreau. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Gallup can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Comfort Suites Gallup is 25.9 mi (41.8 km) from the centre of Thoreau. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Gallup can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Thoreau
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 18°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 4°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of -10°C
- Average annual rainfall for Thoreau is 266.00 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging -9°C