Visiting the area
Visitors are sure to enjoy all the area has to offer. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its restaurants, beaches, and gardens.
- There are 40 hotels in the city
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Kavala (KVA-Alexander the Great Intl.), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around the area
- Exploring the waterfront is just one of the top activities, while Port of Thasos and Prinos Harbor are sights to visit
- Its historic sites and castle are notable and landmarks to visit include Ancient Agora of Thasos
- The seaside, beach, and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Makryammos Beach, Ormos Prinou Public Beach, and Paradise Beach
Getting around the area
There are plenty of options for getting around. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in the area
With 40 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, the city offers holiday retreats at affordable prices:
- 26 hotels, ranging from GBP 20/night to GBP 134/night
- 5 aparthotels, ranging from GBP 56/night to GBP 64/night
- 6 apartments
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Ilio Mare Hotels & Resorts, averaging GBP 167.86 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Pavlidis, averaging GBP 60.57/night
- Mare Monte Small Boutique Hotel, averaging GBP 144.75/night
A 2-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Pavlidis with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Mare Monte Small Boutique Hotel and Ilio Mare Hotels & Resorts are also highly rated by guests.