Search Hotels in Tenerife
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 13 Mar 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 8 Feb 2020
Reviewed on 13 Sep 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Tenerife, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants and fun sporting events. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its shopping and mountain views. Top sights in the city include Teide National Park, Loro Park and El Medano Beach.
- There are 3875 hotels and other accommodation options in Tenerife
- The closest major airport is in Tenerife (TFS-Tenerife South), 17.5 mi (28.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (TFN-Tenerife North), 18 mi (29 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tenerife
Cultural venues in the city include Tenerife Auditorium, Teide Observatory and Arona Pyramid. Families come for attractions such as Loro Park, Aqualand Costa Adeje and Siam Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Veronicas Strip, Plaza de Espana and La Paz Lookout.
Other favourite sights in Tenerife include Teide National Park, El Medano Beach and Golf Costa Adeje.
Getting around Tenerife
Head over to Chimisay to catch the metro. If you'd like to venture out around the area, consider renting a car to take in more sights.
Dressing for Tenerife
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 24°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 15°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 27°C as the daytime average and 16°C as the night-time average
- Tenerife gets about 5 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while January and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°C