Search Hotels in Tamworth
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Tamworth, and visitors give high marks for the theme park and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment. Around the area, top sights include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, National Exhibition Centre (NEC) and Resorts World Birmingham.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Tamworth
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham (BHX), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in East Midlands (EMA), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tamworth
Families come for attractions such as Drayton Manor Theme Park, Big Play Barn and Ash End House Children's Farm. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Tamworth Castle. Additionally, you might want to add The Snow Dome to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Tamworth. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Peel Aldergate - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Drayton Manor Hotel - Our customers like the overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express Tamworth - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Ashby de la Zouch Castle, located 11.6 mi (18.6 km) from the city centre, and National Exhibition Centre (NEC), which is 12.8 mi/20.6 km away.
Getting around Tamworth
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Tamworth Station, Wilnecote Station or Polesworth Station. Tamworth might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Tamworth
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tamworth is 758.80 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Tamworth?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Tamworth, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Tamworth?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Tamworth?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Tamworth?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Tamworth?
What's the best accommodation in Tamworth that's close to historical sites?
Tamworth Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Tamworth by Star Rating
- Hotels near Tamworth Airports
- Accommodation near Tamworth Attractions
- More accommodation types in Tamworth
- Choose Your Tamworth Hotel Style
- Search Tamworth Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Tamworth
- Hotels Near Tamworth, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends