Guests will want to experience the shopping, festivals and restaurants in Tampere. This welcoming, lakefront city also attracts visitors with its spas, museums and sporting events. Top attractions include Aquarium and Aleksandterin Kirkko.
- There are 32 Tampere hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Tampere (TMP-Pirkkala), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Tampere
- Festivals and museums are well-known in the area, and attractions include Tampere Art Museum, Tampere Theatre, and Spy Museum, Tampere
- Notable for its churches and landmarks to visit, including Aquarium, Aleksandterin Kirkko, and Tampere Cathedral
- Hämeenpuisto Park, Rosala, and Sorsapuisto Park are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Finlayson Center, Koskikeskus, and Stockmann
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Pyynikki's Swim Hall, Tampereen Jaahali or Tampere Ice Hall
Getting around Tampere
Tampere has plenty of options for transport. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Tampere Station.
Staying in Tampere
With 32 hotels and other accommodations to choose from in Tampere, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 23 hotels ranging from GBP 44 to GBP 156 per night.
For trips with large groups, consider the following top-rated traditional hotels:
- Original Sokos Hotel Ilves
- Norlandia Care Tampere Hotel
Looking for a charming locale or stylish getaway? You might like these top-rated, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Forenom City Suites Tampere
- Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Tammer, Tampere
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Forenom City Suites Tampere with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Original Sokos Hotel Ilves and Radisson Blu Grand Hotel Tammer, Tampere are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Tampere
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 4°C and the night-time average to be -12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September averages 22°C during the day and 4°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 10°C during the day and -9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Tampere is 22 millimetres