Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Sutton, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, wildlife and bars. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its coffeehouses and shopping.
- There are 2 Sutton hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas May is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.), 10.1 mi (16.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Sutton
- National Gallery of Australia and National Museum of Australia are popular cultural attractions
- Families come for attractions such as Tulip Top Gardens, National Zoo and Aquarium, and Cockington Green
- Notable landmarks include Australian War Memorial, Telstra Tower, and Old Parliament House
- The natural setting of the wildlife is picturesque, and places to visit include Australian National Botanic Gardens, Mount Ainslie, and Corroboree Park
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Federation Square, Canberra Centre and Kingston Shopping Centre
Staying in Sutton
For trips with the family or other getaways, consider a highly rated traditional hotel like ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk.
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You might love Capital Country Holiday Park.
Capital Country Holiday Park, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.5 out of 5 user rating. Also ibis Styles Canberra Eaglehawk has a 3.8 rating by guests.
Dressing for Sutton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 580 millimetres of rain falls on Sutton each year