Visitors to Starnberg are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, its breweries and coffee shops. Lake Starnberg, Nymphenburg Palace and Theresienwiese are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Starnberg
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.), 31.7 mi (51 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 52 mi (83.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Starnberg
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and Lake Starnberg. In the area, you'll also find Nymphenburg Palace and Theresienwiese.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Starnberg. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Starnberg - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Starnberg District can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Bayerischer Hof Starnberg - Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Starnberg District can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to see in the area include Viktualienmarkt, 14.2 mi/22.8 km from the city centre, and Deutsches Museum, which is 14.2 mi/22.9 km away.
Getting around Starnberg
With so many ways to get around, seeing all of Starnberg is easy. Head over to Starnberg Nord S-Bahn to catch the metro. To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Starnberg Station or Starnberg SF.
Dressing for Starnberg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Starnberg is 951 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C