Budget-minded travellers will find a good deal in Stanmore, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the coffeehouses and running. Welcoming and relaxing, this city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, shopping and sporting events.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- December is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas August is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Stanmore
- Popular family attractions include Wildlife Sydney, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, and Fox Studio Australia
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Marrickville Market, Italian Forum and Marrickville Metro
Getting around Stanmore
There are plenty of options for getting around Stanmore. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Sydney Stanmore Station.
Staying in Stanmore
You may enjoy a stay at Cambridge Lodge - Hostel/Backpacker for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
Cambridge Lodge - Hostel/Backpacker, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Stanmore
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, while the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 12°C
- Stanmore gets about 1081 millimetres of rain per year