Visiting St. Lucia
Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, shopping, and bars in St. Lucia. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and walkable, riverfront city has to offer, including its museums, natural parks, and cafés.
- Though not directly in St. Lucia, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Brisbane, QLD (BNE), 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around St. Lucia
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and golfing, while Saint Lucia Golf Links, West End Ferry Terminal, and Indooroopilly Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums, the Sir Thomas Brisbane Planetarium is a popular attraction
- The parks and riverfront highlight the natural beauty, and Roma Street Parkland, Davies Park, and Southbank Parklands are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Queen Street Mall, Toowong Village, and Green Flea Markets
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at The Gabba or Suncorp Stadium
- The university is a highlight and University of Queensland is worth a campus tour
St. Lucia is adjacent to South Brisbane. Popular sights in the area include Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre and The Markets.
Getting around St. Lucia
There are plenty of options for getting around St. Lucia. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local marina.
Dressing for St. Lucia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 29°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and 14°C as the nighttime average
- About 1130 millimetres of rain falls on St. Lucia each year