Visiting St. Kilda East
Visitors will want to experience the shopping, restaurants, and architecture in St. Kilda East. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and urban, riverfront city has to offer, including its bars, art, and theatres.
- There are 2 St. Kilda East hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around St. Kilda East
- The area is well-known for its art and theatre, and attractions include National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne Museum, and Astor Theatre
- Popular attractions include Melbourne Aquarium and Melbourne Zoo
- The natural beauty of the riverfront is picturesque, and places to visit include St. Kilda Beach, Luna Park, and Royal Botanic Gardens
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Bourke Street Mall, Melbourne Central, and Chadstone Shopping Mall
- Everyone—not just sports fans—will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Caulfield Racecourse, or Etihad Stadium
St. Kilda East is adjacent to St Kilda. Popular sights in the area include Eureka Tower and RMIT University.
Staying in St. Kilda East
You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments, averaging GBP 102.46/night
- Easystay Apartments Raglan Street, averaging GBP 93.82/night
Kimberley Gardens Hotel & Serviced Apartments, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.7 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for St. Kilda East
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the nighttime average
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on St. Kilda East each year