Springfield's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travelers and visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, skiing, and bars. This welcoming, countryside city also attracts visitors with its mountains, coffeehouses, and spas.
- Though not directly in Springfield, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Christchurch (CHC-Christchurch Intl.), 37.6 mi (60.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Springfield
- The mountains, countryside, and island views highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Korowai - Torlesse Tussocklands Park, Kura Tawhiti Scenic Reserve, and Cave Stream Scenic Reserve
- Also popular for its skiing, spas, and golfing
Staying in Springfield
You might like Springfield Motel and Lodge, averaging GBP 83.03 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Springfield Motel and Lodge with a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Springfield
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, while the average at night is 2°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 15°C with nighttime averages of 2°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and nighttime averages of 6°C
- Springfield gets about 36 millimetres of rain per year