* We have ALWAYS wiped every surface with CDC-approved Chlorox Cleaner + Bleach, AND washed all blankets/covers with HOT water after EVERY guest;
* Keypad (no human interaction:) check-in - safer than hotel!
* Always a 5-hour interval between guests (24 hrs. Available for longer stay guests upon request).
* Changes: 1) gloves for housekeeping; 2) we provide bottled water instead of Brita; 3) we offer single-use Keurig coffee capsules.
* Help with delivery possible.
* Front door - flat path from driveway - then one step up to doorway & another step over threshold.
* Once inside - 2 steps up to dining/kitchen area, & also 2 steps up to main floor den/bedroom area with attached toilet/sink - standard size door & fixtures. Note there are no doors on the two entryways to this area (the entryway from kitchen has no steps). Tim slept here while convalescing from hip replacement surgery.
* The only shower/bath is on second floor with standard 13-step stairway.
2. INTERNET: We have fast (100 mbps download) Xfinity/Comcast wireless internet & basic cable TV. Our Vizio TV comes with a ROKU so guests are welcome to use their own Netflix or Hulu, etc. or attach their Smartphone to our HDMI cable (you will need your own adaptor).
3. EARLY CHECKIN/LATE CHECKOUT: Keep in mind we are always close to 100% occupancy, which means that there is almost always one or multiple guests (up to 6) before & after you - so often we need the entire 11-4 housekeeping window - message Michelle with your request the evening before if possible (at which point we will have latest info).
4. NO SMOKING (or open flames, candles, “scents” allowed inside (or within 30 ft. of building);
4. CHECKING OUT: No need to make beds, do dishes, etc. (in fact we prefer if you don’t:) - just message Michelle when you are ready to leave, set the heat to 60F in winter, close all windows, and make sure to lock the front door.
Thanks & Enjoy!
As noted above, guests will have FULL PRIVATE ACCESS (no other people) to the home with the exception of the basement and rear interior porch (where we store cleaning & maintenance materials).
Other things to note:
TRASH & RECYCLING:
* Is now “Mixed Stream” in Northampton;
* Paper & bottles can be placed in the recycling bin inside the cupboard next to the basement stairs.
* Longer term guests (2 days plus) can place recycling and trash on the rear interior porch or in the larger bins outside.