Visiting the area
Visitors are sure to enjoy all the area has to offer. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city will also delight visitors with its restaurants, island views, and beaches.
- There are 18 hotels in the city
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while October tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Athens (ATH-Eleftherios Venizelos), 64.5 mi (103.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around the area
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and boating, while Port of Spetses, Port Kheli, and Ermionida Marina are favourite sights to visit
- Nikolaos Monastery and Spetses Lighthouse are noteworthy landmarks
- The island views, beach, and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Spetses Beach, Katafyki Gorge, and Dardiza Beach
Getting around the area
There are plenty of options for getting around. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in the area
With 18 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, the city offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 11 hotels ranging from GBP 52 to GBP 312 per night. You might like one of these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay:
- Poseidonion Grand Hotel, averaging GBP 302.17/night
- Orloff Resort, averaging GBP 202.89/night
A 5-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Poseidonion Grand Hotel with a 5 out of 5 user rating while Orloff Resort has a 4.6 rating by guests.
Dressing for the area
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 10°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for the area is 941 millimetres