Visiting South Townsville
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in South Townsville, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, shopping and bars. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts visitors with its beaches and coffeehouses.
- There are 9 South Townsville hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV), 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around South Townsville
- A port is a top activity, and Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal is a great place to visit
- Popular family attractions include ReefHQ Aquarium, Anderson Park Botanical Gardens, and Townsville Palmetum
- The natural setting of the beaches is picturesque, and places worth a visit are Horseshoe Bay Beach and Radical Bay
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Willows Shopping Centre is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Getting around South Townsville
South Townsville has many options for getting around. You can explore your options for water transport at the port.
Staying in South Townsville
With 10 hotels and other accommodation options in South Townsville, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 8 hotels ranging from GBP 57 to GBP 93 per night.
You might prefer these highly rated properties for your family trip or any other travel plans:
- Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville
- Oaks M on Palmer
You may appreciate one of these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a charming or stylish getaway:
- Oaks Gateway on Palmer
- Park Regis Anchorage
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Grand Hotel and Apartments Townsville with a 4.5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Oaks Gateway on Palmer and Oaks M on Palmer are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for South Townsville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- About 1033 millimetres of rain falls on South Townsville each year