Visitors can enjoy all that Songkhla has to offer including the lakeside setting, monuments and museums. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, zoo and local tours. Top sights around the area include Samila Beach, Lee Garden Plaza and Kim Yong Market.
- You'll find 275 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Hat Yai
- The closest major airport is in Hat Yai (HDY-Hat Yai Intl.), 22.8 mi (36.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Songkhla
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Songkhla Province, Matchimawat National Museum and Songkhla National Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Red Rice Mill, Old Town Songkhla Gate and Mermaid Statue. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Samila Beach and Songkhla Aquarium.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Songkhla. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Montana Hotel is located in central Songkhla. This 3.5-star hotel in Songkhla features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- Songkhla Mermaid Hotel is located in the heart of Songkhla. This 3-star hotel in Songkhla features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Thap Pala Cottage is 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the city's heart. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Songkhla can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with a free stocked minibar. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Lee Garden Plaza, 15.8 mi/25.5 km from the city centre, and Kim Yong Market, which is 15.8 mi/25.4 km away.
Dressing for Songkhla
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 34°C and the night-time average to be 22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Songkhla gets about 62 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 22°C