Travellers to Sligo give high marks for the riverfront, lively bar scene and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its live music and entertainment.
- There are 31 hotels and other accommodation options in Sligo
- The closest major airport is in Knock (NOC-Ireland West), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sligo
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Yeats Memorial Building, Sligo County Museum and Hawks Well Theatre. The city is notable for landmarks like Sligo Cathedral, Sligo Abbey and Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and such places to visit as Knocknarea and Lough Gill.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 31 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Sligo. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Castledale - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Glasshouse - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Getting around Sligo
If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Sligo Mac Diarmada Station. Sligo might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sligo
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sligo is 803.80 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C