Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Shrewsbury, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and countryside, this city attracts tourists with its churches and spas. A top sight in the area is Telford Shopping Centre.
- There are 147 hotels and other accommodation options in Shrewsbury
- The closest major airport is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 43.7 mi (70.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Shrewsbury
The city's cultural venues include Shrewsbury Museum & Art Gallery and Wem Town Hall. Its churches and historic sites are notable and landmarks include Shrewsbury Castle, Shrewsbury Abbey and St. Mary's Church. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the countryside and Hawkstone Park Follies.
In Telford, you'll find 147 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Darwin's Townhouse - With a stay at this 5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its walkable location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Burlton Inn - Our customers like the dining options and pool at this inn. This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- The Haughmond - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Telford Shopping Centre, 13 mi/20.9 km from the city centre, and The International Centre, which is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away.
Getting around Shrewsbury
If you want to see more of the area, hop aboard a train from Shrewsbury Station, Yorton Station or Wem Station. Shrewsbury might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Shrewsbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 15°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 654 millimetres of rain falls on Shrewsbury each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Shrewsbury?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shrewsbury, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Shrewsbury?
What's the best hotel for families in Shrewsbury?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Shrewsbury?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Shrewsbury?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Shrewsbury?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Shrewsbury?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Shrewsbury?
What's the best hotel in Shrewsbury to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Shrewsbury?
Shrewsbury Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Shrewsbury by Star Rating
- Hotels near Shrewsbury Airports
- Accommodation near Shrewsbury Attractions
- More accommodation types in Shrewsbury
- Choose Your Shrewsbury Hotel Style
- Search Shrewsbury Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Shrewsbury
- Hotels Near Shrewsbury, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends