History buffs will enjoy a visit to Shirakawa, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the monuments, castle and temples. This countryside city also attracts visitors with its festivals, gardens and parks.
- There are 2 Shirakawa hotels
- April is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Fukushima (FKS), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Shirakawa
- Known for its festivals, whereas Nasu Folk Museum, Stone Plaza, and Nasu History Museum are some local cultural sights
- Notable for its historic sites, monuments, castle and landmarks such as Sennenji Temple, Komine Castle, and Komine Castle Ruins
- The countryside, gardens and parks provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Nanko Park, Shirakawa Sekinomori Park, and Nasu Flower World
Staying in Shirakawa
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Hotel Route Inn Shin Shirakawa Eki Higashi.
Hotel Route Inn Shin Shirakawa Eki Higashi, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.6 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Shirakawa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, while the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and nighttime averages of 0°C
- About 40 millimetres of rain falls on Shirakawa each year