Search Hotels in Shipley
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 26 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 21 Sep 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Budget-minded travellers will find good deals in Shipley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and cultural, this city will delight tourists with its bars, golf courses and spas. Kirkstall Abbey, Bronte Parsonage Museum and Eureka The National Children's Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Shipley
- The closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 4.8 mi (7.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Shipley
The city's cultural venues include Salts Mill and St Leonards Farm Park. The city's natural beauty is on display at Baildon Moor, Roberts Park and Northcliffe Park. Golfing is one of the top activities, while Northcliffe Golf Club, Shipley Glen Tramway and North Cliffe Woods are favourite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Shipley. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Abbey Lodge Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Ibis Bradford Shipley - Our customers like the central location and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Popular places to visit in the area include Kirkstall Abbey, located 6.8 mi (11 km) from the city centre, and Bronte Parsonage Museum, which is 7.7 mi (12.4 km) away.
Getting around Shipley
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Baildon Station, Shipley Station or Saltaire Station. Shipley might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Shipley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 18°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 2°C
- About 578.10 millimetres of rain falls on Shipley each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Shipley?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shipley, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Shipley?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Shipley?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Shipley?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Shipley?
What's the best accommodation for a golf trip to Shipley?
What are some hotels with pools in Shipley?
Shipley Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Shipley by Star Rating
- Hotels near Shipley Airports
- Accommodation near Shipley Attractions
- More accommodation types in Shipley
- Choose Your Shipley Hotel Style
- Search Shipley Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Shipley
- Hotels Near Shipley, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends