Search Hotels in Shanklin
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Travellers to Shanklin give high marks for the beaches and beautiful gardens. Welcoming and cosy, this city also attracts tourists with its cafes. Top sights around the area include Spinnaker Tower, Gunwharf Quays and Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
- There are 103 hotels and other accommodation options in Shanklin
- The closest major airport is in Southampton (SOU), 23.7 mi (38.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bournemouth (BOH-Bournemouth Intl.), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shanklin
The beaches and gardens highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Shanklin Chine, Shanklin Beach and Yaverland Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Shanklin Theatre and English Channel.
In Ventnor, you'll find 103 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Birkdale Guest House - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Keats Cottage - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- The Havelock - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see in the area include Spinnaker Tower, located 12 mi (19.3 km) from the city centre, and Gunwharf Quays, which is 12.1 mi/19.5 km away.
Getting around Shanklin
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Shanklin Station. Shanklin might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Shanklin
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 5°C as the night-time average
- About 785.80 millimetres of rain falls on Shanklin each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place for a stay in Shanklin?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Shanklin, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Shanklin?
What's the best place to stay for a family trip to Shanklin?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday in Shanklin?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Shanklin?
What's the best accommodation option to stay near the beach in Shanklin?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Shanklin?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Shanklin?
Shanklin Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Shanklin by Star Rating
- Hotels near Shanklin Airports
- Accommodation near Shanklin Attractions
- More accommodation types in Shanklin
- Choose Your Shanklin Hotel Style
- Search Shanklin Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Shanklin
- Hotels Near Shanklin, England
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends