Visitors to Shallotte are sure to enjoy the beaches, restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes. Top sights around the area include Holden Beach, Ocean Isle Beach and Cherry Grove Pier.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Shallotte
- The closest major airport is in North Myrtle Beach, SC (CRE-Grand Strand), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Wilmington, NC (ILM-Wilmington Intl.), 33.7 mi (54.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shallotte
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Holden Beach, Ocean Isle Beach and Cherry Grove Pier. Additionally, you'll find Brunswick Islands Beach and Inlet Point Plantation in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Shallotte. This is a top-rated accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Days Inn by Wyndham Shallotte - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Shallotte
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 22°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 28°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 1421.10 millimetres of rain falls on Shallotte each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 2°C