Visiting San Giovanni Rotondo
Visitors to San Giovanni Rotondo are sure to enjoy the temples, monuments and churches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights in the city include Gargano National Park, Gargano Promontory and Padre Pio Pilgrimage Church.
- There are 42 hotels and other accommodation options in San Giovanni Rotondo
- The closest major airport is in Foggia (FOG-Gino Lisa), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in San Giovanni Rotondo
Its temples and monuments are notable and landmarks include Padre Pio Pilgrimage Church, Sanctuary of Santa Maria delle Grazie and Padre Pio Square. The picturesque setting of Gargano National Park and Gargano Promontory exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Padre Pio Wax Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 42 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in San Giovanni Rotondo. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Leon - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- Le Terrazze sul Gargano - Our customers like the helpful staff and location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Ariae Hotel - Ali Hotels - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Duomo Lucera, located 24.5 mi (39.4 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for San Giovanni Rotondo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for San Giovanni Rotondo is 477 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 4°C