- Liked: Staff & service
- Disliked: Property conditions & facilities
Check in was easy and quick and I appreciated someone helping me carry my bags upstairs. After that, it was a big disappointment. Sure, it's a cheap motel, not fancy, so I don't have high expectations, but the "nonsmoking" room smelled like cigarette smoke and made me feel sick and my clothes smelked like smelled like smoke when I left. The front desk guy said there's no smoking along that row of rooms or outside them, only in a designated area away from it; yet there were a lot of cigarette stubs just feet from my door. I have a photo. Also, the bathroom smelled strongly of mildew or mold and I actually saw mold around the door frame and dark patches of what's likely mold behind shower tiles. Mold cane very dangerous to one's health and I'm particularly sensitive to it. Apparently there weren't any other rooms available or I'd have asked to see another one. There were dark stains, possibly mold, all over the wobbly (i.e. probably close to collapse) desk chair, and the mini fridge which was the primary reason I chose this property, so I could store my food, ended up being set too cold and freezing and ruining some of my produce. The bed was so soft it caused me terrible back pain and I barely slept, especially since the smell of smoke was also bothering me. The room was really run down and needs serious rehabbing and should be inspected by the health department about that mold, etc. Posting a room as "nonsmoking" that clearly had been smoked in is NOT cool!