Get an overview of this hotelNewly renovated hotel near San Francisco's Union Square
Collect 400 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Central city location
The updated 1928 San Francisco hotel is 3 blocks from Union Square shopping, a cable car line, and a BART station. Moscone Convention Center is 8 blocks from Tilden Hotel.
Tilden Hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the hotel and a complimentary wired Internet access technology bar with iPads and a printer in the lobby.
Comforts of home
This San Francisco hotel's guestrooms are newly renovated, with louvered shutters, windows that open, in-room safes, ceiling fans, and 42-inch flat screen TVs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Renovations & Closures
- Dining venue
Centrally located Tilden Hotel offers complimentary wireless Internet access throughout the lobby. Assistance with faxes, printing, and photocopies is offered at the front desk.
Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar in the lobby. Valet parking is also available for a fee.
This is a smoke-free property. Fines apply for smoke-free violations.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 118
- Number of floors - 9
- Business center
- Concierge services
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 2
- Multilingual staff
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Long-term parking (surcharge)
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- Year Built 1928
- Smoke-free property
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Free WiFi
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Rainfall showerhead
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- Free WiFi
- MP3 docking station
- iPod docking station
- Individually furnished
- Individually decorated
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Enjoy a drink at Bar 345. Indulge in an early evening cocktail and light appetizers (currently closed for renovation).
Nearby Things to Do
Four miles away, the Presidio Golf Course is a public 18-hole course deep inside the city's verdant park near the Golden Gate Bridge. The course is lined with century-old eucalyptus and pine trees, and was originally reserved for use by the military. In 1995, the Presidio became a national park, and the golf course went public.
Fees may apply to the above amenities.
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Helicopter/airplane tours on site
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
Check-in time ends at 2:00 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per accommodation, per stay, plus a deposit of USD 50.00 per stay
- Dogs only
- 2 per room (up to 25 lb)
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Valet parking fee: USD 49.00 per day
- Pet deposit: USD 50.00 per stay
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per stay
- Hotel Mark
- Hotel Mark Twain
- Hotel Mark Twain San Francisco
- Mark Twain Hotel
- Mark Twain San Francisco
- Twain Hotel
- Tilden Hotel San Francisco
- Tilden San Francisco
We should mention
Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).