Get an overview of this hotelDowntown San Francisco boutique hotel, circa 1914
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Close to cable car
This San Francisco boutique hotel, built in 1914, is within 2 blocks of Union Square and a cable car stop, and within a block of the ACT and Curran theaters.
Wine and Wi-Fi
The King George Hotel's lounge features beer and wine served in the evening. A 24-hour business center offers high-speed Internet access, and complimentary printing; complimentary wireless access is available in all public areas.
Guestrooms at King George Hotel offer complimentary wireless Internet access, a well-stocked candy jar, in-room coffeemakers with coffee, and 24-hour room service from the diner next door.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
King George Hotel
This Union Square hotel is within a half-block of Curran Theatre and American Conservatory Theater, six blocks from Moscone Convention Center, and seven blocks from the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
The King George Hotel's lounge features beer and wine served in the evening.
A 24-hour business center offers high-speed Internet access (surcharge) and complimentary printing; complimentary wireless access is available in all public areas and a computer station is provided.
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Total number of rooms - 153
- Number of floors - 9
- Year Built 1912
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Computer station
- One meeting room
- Multilingual staff
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 51
- Smoke-free property
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Express check-out
- Luggage storage
- Number of meeting rooms - 2
- 24-hour business center
- Conference space size (feet) - 550
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Television in common areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Room service (24 hours)
- Ceiling fan
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board (on request)
- Cable TV service
- Premium bedding
- Refrigerator (on request)
- Free WiFi
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Tablet computer
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Flat-panel TV
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Winston's Bar and Lounge - Open daily at 4pm, the British themed bar offers wine and beer selections and light bites for purchase.
The hotel does not have its own full-service restaurant, but numerous dining options are in the surrounding area.
Nearby Things to Do
- Sailing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Roll-in shower
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 8 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Dogs only
- 1 per room (up to 50 lb)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Additional policies apply to bookings reserved by persons under the age of 18. For more details, contact the property using the information provided after booking.
- Valet parking fee: USD 43 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- King George Hotel
- King George Hotel Union Square
- King George Union Square
- King George Hotel San Francisco
- King George San Francisco
- Hotel King George
We should mention
Children 8 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).