Get an overview of this hotelNob Hill hotel by 3 San Francisco cable car lines
Collect 200 points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when prompted. Your points will be credited 30 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
This San Francisco hotel sits atop Nob Hill, next to 3 cable car lines; Chinatown is 3 blocks away, and Union Square is 5 blocks away.
This landmark Nob Hill hotel offers a 19th-floor sky bar, a 24-hour fitness center, and a business center providing cell phone rental.
InterContinental Mark Hopkins guestrooms offer bathrobes, minibars and coffeemakers, and wireless Internet access (surcharge).Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
InterContinental Mark Hopkins999 California Street San Francisco CA 94108
InterContinental Mark Hopkins sits atop Nob Hill, next to the crossing of three cable car lines. Chinatown is three blocks away, and Union Square is five blocks away.
Built in 1926, this San Francisco landmark features a restaurant serving innovative California cuisine and a 19th-floor bar with a menu of 100 martinis. Room service is available during the mornings and during the evenings.
The 24-hour fitness center is on the California Street level of the hotel; the property also offers a spa tub.
The business center is staffed from early morning to late evening but open 24 hours. Copying and printing, courier services, and computer and cell phone rental are all available. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the hotel (surcharge).
Club InterContinental provides board games and DVDs for children.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 382
- Babysitting or childcare
- Number of floors - 16
- Year Built 1926
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Fitness facilities
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- WiFi (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 14.95 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Air conditioning
- Free weekday newspaper
- Coffee/tea maker
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Room service (24 hours)
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Top of the Mark - This 19th-floor sky bar offers nearly 360-degree views, overlooking Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge. The 100 Martinis menu offers drinks such as the Lychee Martini, the Lemon Drop and the 24 Karrot.
Room service - Available 24 hours.
Nearby Things to Do
The following activities and highlights are available near InterContintental Mark Hopkins:
- Shopping in Union Square
- Cable cars
- Fisherman's Wharf
- Golfing nearby
To make special requests for accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
- Pets allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on hotel policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
- Breakfast fee: USD 37 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 14.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 54 per day (in/out privileges)
- InterContinental Hopkins
- InterContinental Mark
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel San Francisco
- InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco
- Mark Hopkins InterContinental
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Intercontinental
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.