Get an overview of this hotelHip, modern boutique hotel in downtown San Francisco
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Near Union Square
The 10-story boutique Hotel Metropolis is 1 block from Westfield San Francisco Centre and the Powell Street cable-car line; San Francisco's Union Square and Moscone Center are within 5 blocks.
Complimentary morning coffee
Complimentary morning coffee, and a computer with high-speed Internet access are offered in the skylit mezzanine library.
All 105 guestrooms at this art-deco hotel are inspired by the elements. Fire, water, earth, and wind are reflected in decor, including African limba-wood desks and alarm clocks that emit nature sounds. Rooms features amenities such as complimentary WiFi, flat-screen TVs, and a coffee/tea maker.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Located in a remodeled 1930s Colonial Revivalist building just west of Market Street, this urban boutique hotel is one block from the Westfield San Francisco Centre shopping mall and four blocks from Union Square.
Complimentary high-speed Internet access is available at a computer in the mezzanine library, and a 24-hour business center provides a computer, printer, and copy machine. Complimentary morning coffee and tea is served daily. Onsite valet parking and airport shuttle service are available for a fee.
Serving dinner nightly, the adjacent Farmer Brown restaurant specializes in neo-soul food using locally produced, organic ingredients.
A small fitness center is on site.
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour business center
- Concierge services
- Airport transportation
- Total number of rooms - 105
- Number of floors - 10
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Video-game console
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free toiletries
- Cribs/infant beds available
- Hair dryer
- Daily housekeeping
- Iron/ironing board
- Free WiFi
- Partially open bathroom
- Pay movies
- Shower/tub combination
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
Where to Eat
Farmer Brown - Independently owned and operated, this urban restaurant and bar serves neo-soul food with an organic twist. Hand-crafted cocktails include watermelon margaritas and mint juleps. Dinner menu items include pulled-pork sandwiches, fried chicken, and charred sirloin steak coated in Cajun spices. Open for dinner nightly.
Nearby Things to Do
A small on-site fitness center provides cardio equipment, and guests receive discounted passes to a more extensive health club three blocks away.
Hotel Metropolis is six blocks from Yerba Buena Gardens, which includes a historic carousel, bowling alley, ice-skating rink, and children's play area.
Four miles away, the Presidio Golf Course is a public 18-hole course deep inside the city's verdant park near the Golden Gate Bridge. Golden Gate Park has walking and running trails, a playground, gardens, and tennis courts.
The recreational activities listed below are available on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 20.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available.
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Deposit: USD 250.00
- Resort fee: USD 17.46 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 17.00 per person
- Airport shuttle fee per child: USD 17.00 (one-way), (from 0 to 18 years old)
- Self parking fee: USD 30 per day
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
- Hotel Metropolis
- Hotel Metropolis San Francisco
- Metropolis Hotel
- Metropolis San Francisco
- Metropolis Hotel San Francisco
We should mention
This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Up to 3 children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.