Get an overview of this hotelEast meets west in San Francisco Japantown hotel
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Located in the heart of San Francisco and just blocks from Union Square, the Hotel Kabuiki anchors the Japan Center, a complex of Asian boutiques, Japanese restaurants, sushi bars, spas, and gardens.
Hotel Kabuki's small, rock-lined gardens with a koi pond provide a meditative retreat. A blend of Eastern and Western influences creates serene ambience and quiet beauty at this San Francisco hotel.
The tranquil guestrooms at Hotel Kabuki are furnished with rice-paper shoji panels and carpeting with a tatami-mat pattern. All offer herbal bath salts, and many have extra-deep Japanese soaking tubs.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Kabuki - a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
Renovations & Closures
Popular property highlights
Right in the heart of the city, The Hotel Kabuki is located at the base of Pacific Heights, 12 blocks from Union Square and within two miles of the Moscone Center, Fisherman's Wharf, the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, and North Beach. Fashionable Fillmore Street, lined with boutiques and restaurants, is just steps from this San Francisco hotel.
The Hotel Kabuki offers a 24-hour health club. Other amenities include a spa offering massages, aromatherapy, and beauty treatments.
A self-service business center has a computer workstation with high-speed Internet access, a printer, and a fax machine (surcharges). The hotel provides 14,000 square feet of meeting space with 16 conference rooms and can arrange for both Japanese-style and Western-style catering services.
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 218
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Business center
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Concierge services
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- 24-hour health club
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Free WiFi
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Meeting rooms 16
- Multilingual staff
- Luggage storage
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Conference space size (meters) - 1301
- Number of meeting rooms - 14
- Year Built 1968
- Conference space size (feet) - 14000
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Shopping on site
- Number of buildings/towers - 2
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Free Wi-Fi
- Cribs/infant beds (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Premium bedding
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free local calls
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- iPod docking station
- Free WiFi
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Mum's Restaurant and Bar
Nearby Things to Do
This San Francisco hotel has a small fitness center with weight machines, cardio equipment, and free weights.
Guests receive discounted access to the Cathedral Hill Fitness Center, a 24-hour health club two blocks away, which has an indoor swimming pool, tennis courts, and fitness equipment.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Free bicycles on site
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 40.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Dogs only
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Pets allowed (no fees)
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 21 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: USD 23 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 45 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40.00 per night
- Hotel Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
- Hotel Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel San Francisco
- Kabuki Hotel
- Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique
- Kabuki Joie de Vivre Boutique San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki
- Kabuki San Francisco
- Hotel Kabuki a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.